Westoaks Builders Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Westoaks Builders Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
Westoaks Builders Ltd take the protection of all collected data very seriously.
All personal information is stored and protected securely at all times, and we endeavour to adhere to all new and existing laws and data legislation.
We do not sell or pass on any information for email, marketing or cold calling purposes.
As a data controller we are required by law to inform you of how we collect, process and store your personal data.
We must ensure your information is:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected and used for valid purposes pertaining to the business.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Stored only for as long as we are permitted to by yourself.
- Stored securely.
What Personal Data We Collect, Use And Store.
In order to process estimates/quotes and business enquiries we receive, we may need to collect and store:
- Your name, Address, contact telephone numbers and email address.
- Details of other addresses and contact information linked to the works we will be carrying out as per your instruction.
- Any email communication relating to enquiries or ongoing works.
It is your right to withhold any personal data you do not wish to disclose, however, this may restrict the accuracy of any quotations or estimates we offer you.
We collect your information in the following ways:
- Telephone calls and enquiries into the business.
- Email enquiries.
- In person.
Sharing Your Information.
It May be necessary to share your information with third party companies and individuals who are relevant to quoting, estimating and carrying out works on our behalf.
This could include:
Your Rights Regarding Personal Data
Subject to legal limitations, you have the right to:
- Request access to your data, and request a detailed account of the data we hold.
- Request your data to be updated should any of it be incomplete or out of date.
- Request that you data is removed or deleted, should you believe there to be no lawful basis for us to continue processing it.
- Object to the processing of your data. If our lawful basis for processing your data relates to a legitimate business interest, or third party interests, you can raise an objection to that interest. You can also object to us using your information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request that processing restrictions be put in place: If you believe your information is being processed without a lawful reason or that the information is incorrect, you can request that a freeze/restricting is placed on the processing of the information until your concerns are addressed.
- Right to withdraw your consent: if we have asked you for your written consent to obtain information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Should you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact us. Once we have received your notice of withdrawal, we will cease processing your data unless we have any other lawful basis upon which to continue.
You will not be expected to pay a fee to obtain your personal data unless we find your request to be unfounded or excessive. In these circumstances, we may charge you a reasonable fee or refuse to comply with your request. We may also charge a reasonable fee where we have supplied a copy of your personal data and you request a duplicate copy.
Whenever you make a request for access to personal data, to ensure we are releasing data to the correct individual, we may ask security questions to confirm your identity.
We take the General Data Protection Act (GDPR) very seriously, and we endeavour to ensure all information collected is stored and protected in safe and secure manner at all times.
Should you feel the need to make a complaint, please contact us directly and we will follow the relevant protocol regarding your issues.
By Telephone: 01424 238139
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Post: East Wood, Stubb Lane, Brede, TN31 6BN
If this does not resolve the complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO):
By Telephone: 0303 1231113
By Post: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.